Data migration is a common IT process that consists of moving data from one location to another. While it’s a complex and time-consuming process, it’s often necessary for businesses to migrate their data to new systems or storage locations. With the use of AI, many of the tasks can be automated, such as identifying and classifying data as well as moving it between different systems. This in turn saves time and resources while reducing the risk of human error.
How does intelligent data migration work?
Intelligent data migration is a process of using AI to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the tasks involved in the data migration process. The AI is pre-trained to scan the various storages for files, identify the type of information and classify them in terms of how important it is to the business. That information is then used to plan the migration.
Five real benefits of intelligent data migration
Intelligent data migration can also provide financial benefits for businesses. Here are five of them:
#1 – Reduced storage costs: By identifying and eliminating obsolete or duplicate data, intelligent data migration can help to reduce storage costs.
#2 – Improved productivity: By automating many of the tasks involved in data migration, intelligent data migration can free up employees to focus on other tasks, which can improve productivity.
#3 – Increased revenue: By improving the accuracy and accessibility of data, intelligent data migration can help businesses to make better decisions, which can lead to increased revenue.
#4 – Reduced risk of fines: By helping businesses to comply with data protection laws, intelligent data migration can help to reduce the risk of fines.
#5 – Improved customer satisfaction: By providing customers with access to accurate and up-to-date data, intelligent data migration can improve customer satisfaction.
Overall, intelligent data migration can provide several benefits for businesses, including improved efficiency, accuracy, security, compliance, and data quality. It can also provide financial benefits, such as reduced storage costs, improved productivity, increased revenue, reduced risk of fines, and improved customer satisfaction.
Texport: Alfresco Exports & Imports by Texter Blue
Introducing a new mindset for upgrades and content transfer, we’ve developed a solution that exports and imports at object level supporting all Alfresco object types and it carries the symbology of true export.
- Full Support – Supports content, metadata, relationships, permissions, versions, tags, categories, sites-memberships, and all other repository node relations from a source Alfresco repository to any target Alfresco instance.
- Optimized – Multi-threaded tool that leverages low level OS and cloud resources via its close relation with Python, as such it’s fully optimized for export/import throughput, ingestion rates of up to 2800 nodes/sec.
- Native S3 – Native S3 support allowing full repository bidirectional transfer from a normal fileContentStore into an S3ContentStore.
- Clean Data – Move all content or choose to archive or dispose certain areas of the repository – for example, the archiving part of the audit-trail to increase database performance.
- Record – Keep a record of all exports and imports executed for validation and data quality purposes. It ships with an ElasticShearch integration providing robust dashboards in Kibana for content transfer executions overview.
- Cloud Ready – Container friendly and Cloud ready, adding security and backup options in future relations.
A clever digital transformation…
Texport provides the opportunity to implement a clever digital transformation to the way the organisation interacts with their digital content, consolidating and enriching data – tagging, categorising, auto-classification, applying AI – thus increasing efficiency and optimising the investment.
Download here the Texport – Alfresco Exports & Imports – DataSheet:
If you’re struggling with your digital transformation, remember… you are not alone in this… Texter Blue is here to help you providing the best results! Make sure you read our news and articles and contact us.