In previous articles, we have been writing about the new digital era and digital transformation. It has been stated that one of the major’s steps to take advantage of technology is to be sure your ECM software is up to date (or at least keep up with the nowadays technology and security standards).
Sometimes, when your Legacy ECM System has given everything it got, the best way to guarantee that standards are by migrating it to a more modern, cloud-native platform. By doing that, your companies can be more competitive, and at the same time increase its business agility.
Despite that, when done incorrectly, migrating to a modern cloud-native content management platform can became a risky, expensive, time and human resources consuming and complex process. But fear no more, Texter Blue will help move your Alfresco to the cloud… in a blink of an eye!
What are today’s migration options?
Nowadays, there are multiple options to migrate your content easily, and in a much more accessible process:
- Bulk migration with delta – even when most of documents are moved, some users keep on accessing de old system. A sync is performed after all users moved to cloud.
- Migration phases – if you do not intend to move all departments or applications at once, this phased migration focuses on specific parts. This allows a much smoother process.
- On-demand– here there are two options. The migration goes content-by-content, as users request it, or every time is accessed.
Of course, these are the basic standard options for migrate your system. However, if you what to learn everything about all the technical process, our CTO – Luis Cabaceira has wrote an article where you can learn everything about “The migration of Enterprise Content”. In that article he guides you through the major 3 migration models:
- Big Bang – where the migration happens all at once.
- Parallel (zero downtime) – where old and new systems run together.
- Incremental (zero downtime) – that allows for a gradual transition to the new system.
And the 5 key stages of a successful content migration:
- Stage 1 – Discovery and Data Inventory
- Stage 2 – Migration planning
- Stage 3 – Data quality
- Stage 4 – Execute, Test and Verify
- Stage 5 – Change management / Delta handling
Planning your legacy ECM migration to cloud
If you are planning to migrate you Legacy ECM System to a modern cloud-native content management platform, there are still some things you need to keep in mind.
Minimizing the impact of the migration on the users
Content access is needed for the stakeholders, and everyone who relies on content. You need to rethink the migration options we set and see which one or which combination is the least impacting for users.
Maximizing the migration success
There are 10 checkboxes you need to guarantee to maximize the success of this process:
- Identify the size and location of content.
- Evaluate your storage requirements.
- Target database.
- Map security.
- Document configuration.
- Specify search requirements.
- Determine daily volume upload requirements.
- Determine cutover requirements.
- Determine changes to custom components.
- Finally, plan your cloud architecture.
Migrating to a cloud-native ECM plays a very significant part in maximizing your business results. It decreases office space, hardware and software needs and make your enterprise flexible and scalable. These can be the major step you need to make a successful business case for your brand.
You need a great partner and AI to facilitate the migration
Texter Blue has custom AI models to target your specific needs and maximize your results. We understand that your data is precious to your daily work, and design solutions to help you to take it to the next level!
What is our solution?! Texport – Alfresco Exports & Imports! A simple system that provides you with the opportunity to implement an intelligent digital transformation for your business. It interacts with digital content, consolidating and enriching data (tagging, categorizing and auto-classification) through AI. This makes the process much smoother.
What are the real benefits of Texport?!
This is a legitimate question, and we are here to answer it. Let us check out the major benefits from Texport:
- Full Support – Supports content, metadata, relationships, permissions, versions, tags, categories, sites-memberships and all other repository node relations from a source Alfresco repository to any target Alfresco instance.
- Optimized – Multi-threaded tool that leverages low level OS and cloud resources via its close relation with Python, as such it is fully optimized for export/import throughput, ingestion rates of up to 2800 nodes/sec.
- Native S3 – Native S3 support allowing full repository bidirectional transfer from a normal fileContentStore into an S3ContentStore.
If you want to learn more about this solution, you can check here the product page or/and download the Texport Datasheet bellow.
Download here the Texport – Alfresco Exports & Imports – DataSheet: